lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Mercurial

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Mercurial
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:50:44 +0100

David Woodhouse wrote:
Same as CVS really. Life's too short to go learning every new version
control system, especially given that people seem to invent new ones so
often.

I've often just avoided working with a project based on its choice of
version control -- if lwip had been in Mercurial I wouldn't have tried
it. Life's just too short. Not that my contributions so far have been
massive, mind you.
Same with me. I have been able to avoid anyhing except CVS and SVN so far. Not that I am strictly against mercurial (or git), but although I hate the idealistic discussion about different versioning systems nearly as much as I hate the discussion about the best OS, I fear we risk 'loosing' new users if we change to a version system that isn't as widespread as CVS or SVN (sorry to offend linux hackers ;-).
Git does the job, well. It took a while to get Windows support, but even
Hey, does anyone talk about MacOS -> GUI??

Although CVS is definitively not my first decision, I'd rather stick to it unless there's a real reason to change it (or we all want to change to the same).

Simon