lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git

From: David Empson
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:16:14 +1300

On Friday, July 29, 2011 1:40 AM, "Kieran Mansley" <address@hidden> wrote:
The contrib repository is now live at:

Read-only public access: git://git.sv.gnu.org/lwip/lwip-contrib.git

Developer access:
address@hidden:/srv/git/lwip/lwip-contrib.git

I'm starting to get to grips with using git rather than CVS to access the current LWIP source code.

Is there a link to the lwip-contrib repository somewhere on the LWIP Savannah project page? I couldn't find it from a quick browse, and had to hunt through e-mail archives to track down this link.

Regarding the "UNNAMED PROJECT" that appears all over the place in lwip-commit: it appears that in order to fix this, you need to create a file called "description" in the top level directory of the repository (alongside the "config" file for the repository, e.g lwip.git/description). I expect it just contains a brief text description of the project, and should be one line (e.g. it is displayed as part of the page title if you browse the repository via http).

For a clone of the repository, the equivalent file is at project_root/.git/description