lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #35927] missing refragmentaion in ip_forward

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #35927] missing refragmentaion in ip_forward
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:21:10 +0000

> "Fragmentation Needed and DF Set"

Isn't that's what's needed for path MTU discovery?

> In this case the router must send back the ICMP message. I don't think we
are checking for this at the moment.

We're neither reacting on incoming code 4 nor sending out one. In fact,
icmp_input() really only implements echo reply ("ping"). Outgoing packets are
only created with code 3 (destination unreachable: IP protocol or UDP port
unknown) and 11 (time exceeded: TTL is 0 or reassembly timeout). There's
plenty of room for improvement in the icmp4 module, we just though it's small
and enough like it is now, given the fact that lwIP is most often used as
simple device (i.e. no routing, only one netif).

Of course we still should implement standards as long as the code doesn't get
bloated (which I doubt in this case).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?35927>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/