lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #50534] TFTP server does not copy terminating null

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #50534] TFTP server does not copy terminating null of filename
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 09:12:01 +0100

Something went wrong with the line endings. I did not use David's file, but redid his changes by hand on my unix system because I notices his line endings are windows. I did, however, run a function of my editor
​:​
​"​
remove trailing whitespace
​" -​
which also seems to mess up the line endings :-(

​I'll try to fix it.​ Meanwhile, look at the diff with "ignore whitespace changes" enabled...

Dirk

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Axel Lin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Follow-up Comment #2, bug #50534 (project lwip):
>
>> This is my first bug report for this project, so let me know
>> if there's anything else I need to do
>
> In general, it's better to provide a diff/patch against a defined version.
> This helps us to see what's changed without manually comparing (where we need
> the version you have for manual diff).
>
> On top of that, a git diff save us the time for a commit (and keeps your name
> in the git log), but for such simple patches, a simple diff is probably enough
> :-)

The diff of the commit looks scared. Why replace whole file?
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/commit/?id=59973c96e4337bfc5f97bdc90e3cc94d8e70fcfc

$ file src/apps/tftp/tftp_server.c
src/apps/tftp/tftp_server.c: C source, ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators