lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #14128] Appropriate byte counting/stretch ACK support

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #14128] Appropriate byte counting/stretch ACK support
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:30:17 -0400 (EDT)

Here's an update on the additional RTO support.  My idea of checking
unsent/unacked queue against pcb->snd_nxt isn't 100% full-proof because
snd_nxt may be advanced if new segments are sent during the RTO period given
the cwnd opens enough.  I can provide some examples if this isn't easily
understood

My next idea is to simply record the ending byte of all the segments that are
scheduled for RTO, which would be the last seqno on the unacked queue +
segment length.  Then check when this is no longer in any of our
unsent/unacked queues, we know the RTO is complete.  This should be accurate
and perform well.  We will need to add an additional u32_t to the pcb though

I plan on adding a unit test to exercise this RTO tracking to ensure it's
correct.  I'd like to do some de-duplication of some of functionality in
test_tcp.c.  Should I post those as patches here or just commit them?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?14128>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/