lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #14420] Remove sys_sem_signal from inside SYS_ARCH_PR

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #14420] Remove sys_sem_signal from inside SYS_ARCH_PROTECT crit section
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:37:43 -0400 (EDT)

Simon,

Thanks for the changes here!  I reviewed the changes and had one
idea/suggestion that I wanted to mention:

In event_callback(), we could remove the use of SYS_ARCH_PROTECT when
iterating the select list and signaling the waiters for TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING
case if we copied the values of sock->rcvevent, sock->sendevent, and
sock->errevent, before starting the loop.  See lwip_selscan() for an example
of this

This would improve performance in the TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING case as we wouldn't
acquire/release SYS_ARCH_PROTECT per iteration.  Also, this makes the loop's
synchronization easier to understand because we have one only have the select
list to synchronize (rather than also socket access)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?14420>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/