lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] error introduced by commit acb4b60517572094bcd633c7df6f

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] error introduced by commit acb4b60517572094bcd633c7df6fbd90836c4e2d icmp6_param_problem
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 19:33:09 -0500

Thanks for quickly taking a look guys!

I do have one small follow up, the case where I changed rout_hdr->_hlen to use LWIP_PACKED_CAST didn't end up needing it. There seems to be some inconsistent behavior from ARMCC of when it generates the error even though the documentation specifically says it should:

Taking the address of a field in a __packed structure or a __packed-qualified field yields a __packed-qualified pointer. The compiler produces a type error if you attempt to implicitly cast this pointer to a non-__packed pointer. This contrasts with its behavior for address-taken fields of a #pragma packed structure.

I can go ahead and push my patch adding LWIP_PACKED_CAST and using it in ip6.c: 979.  It's possible that when upgrading my ARMCC, more of these may show up that need LWIP_PACKED_CAST

For documentation sake, here's which ARMCC I'm using:

>"C:\Program Files\DS-5\bin\armcc.exe" --vsn

ARM C/C++ Compiler, 5.03 [Build 102]

Also, small typo from previous email, my port uses PACK_STRUCT_BEGIN with ARMCC (since at least 2011):

#if defined ( __ARMCC_VERSION )
#define PACK_STRUCT_STRUCT
#define PACK_STRUCT_BEGIN __packed
#define PACK_STRUCT_END