lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #52770] mdns: move the announcements to a timer callba

From: Douglas
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #52770] mdns: move the announcements to a timer callback
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 06:03:59 -0500 (EST)

> is your problem solved now?

No, and I believe a good faith effort has been made to explain why. Please
re-read the comments if really interested in the reasons.

Bottom line is I need something that works for esp-open-rtos. The feedback has
improved the patches a lot, thank you, but I might need to use a different
solution. Perhaps they can converge in future.

Regarding mdnsapi_mdns_resp_announce(), it was explained elsewhere that core
locking will become mandatory with threading and that the caller is expected
to ensure the core lock is held for callback style apps such as mdns. The
netifapi will be deprecated but retained for backwards compatibility. So there
seems no point adding more entries in that style such as
mdnsapi_mdns_resp_announce(). I'll probably remove it from the esp-open-rtos
fork so people don't use it and get as confused as I was, rather give some
examples that acquire the core lock before calling into the mdns app.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52770>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/