lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9520] httpd: add a gawk version of makefsdata

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9520] httpd: add a gawk version of makefsdata
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 08:32:00 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #1, patch #9520 (project lwip):

If this got added to git, who would maintain it if someone makes changes to
httpd or makefsdata in the future? lwIP is a C project. That's why even the
perl version of 'makefsdata' is outdated.

I'm afraid I don't see a real use for 2 or more programs in diferent languages
to create the fs. I'd rather even delete the perl thing.

> I find the .c version of makefsdata unnecessary and bloated

Well, in that case you might help to fix it :-)
I know C is not the best language for this kind of text & byte manipulation.
But the C compiler will be available when compiling a C project.

> Perl requires a proper installation on Windows, whereas gawk does not.

You still need to install an interpreter some way. Whether through an
installer or install-by-copy.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9520>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/