lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9533] sys_check_timeouts: recalculate the time diff

From: Douglas
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9533] sys_check_timeouts: recalculate the time diff after each handler call
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 16:25:52 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #9533 (project lwip):

> Won't do: when checking in every loop, there's a risk we can loop endlessly.

This was not the main bug fixed, see the first paragraph. Without some work
here, such as this patch, it seem broken. However if people want to move to
using absolute times then that makes this obsolete anyway, and there I agree
it seems best to sample sys_now only once.

The code can still get caught in a cycle processing timeouts, but in
sys_timeouts_mbox_fetch, it calls sys_timeouts_sleeptime() and keeps looping
while this is triggered, so if that is a big concern then perhaps it needs to
bail out after a given number of loops to look at the mail box too.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9533>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/