lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #52916] pbuf leaked in altcp_mbedtls_lower_recv_proces

From: David GIRAULT
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #52916] pbuf leaked in altcp_mbedtls_lower_recv_process
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 10:43:43 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: git head

Details:

According to my tests, when client is configured to verify server CA chain,
one pbuf is leaked when handshake is failing because of CA certificate of the
server cannot be verified.

Install an invalid CA chain for the server you will connect to, set
MBEDTLS_SSL_VERIFY_REQUIRED with mbedtls_ssl_conf_authmode(), then monitor
statistics.

Each times connection fail, one more PBUF is loose.

state->rx may be freed by altcp_mbedtls_lower_recv_process() when handshake
failed (because we may have more data queued from server) before err callback
is called.

Or altcp_mbedtls_close() must ensure state->rx is NULL by cleaning the pbuf
chain.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52916>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/