lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #54190] Minor compile warnings under newly-release

From: Ray Ozzie
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #54190] Minor compile warnings under newly-released IAR EWARM 8.30.1
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 20:12:23 +0000

I apologize for not being able to make this easier.

Although I haven’t tested any fixes myself, it appears that the core issue is
the technique of generating a ~ mask from a constant (Ie interpreted by the
compiler as size_t or whatnot), and then assigning the masked value into
something smaller (ie uint8) is flagged as potentially losing significant bits.
I believe a cast may be needed on all these mask ops.

If you have anything you’d like me to try, I’m happy to take the fix and tweak
it as necessary and get it back to you.

Thanks much.