lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Help with UDP Iperf server

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Help with UDP Iperf server
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 20:09:50 +0200

On 24.09.2018 17:32, antonio wrote:
I am developing a small UDP Iperf server. I am able to connect to it and get
measurements.
However,  I am unable to detect, when the  client intends to end the
connection. I need it because, I intend to supply
-d option at the client side, which enables bidirectional measurement.

As Dirk already wrote, UDP is connectionless. Being like that, the application protocol (UDP payload) has to report connection closure. Have you bothered a) checking iPerf docs or b) reverse engineering its protocol with wireshark?

A quick look at a wireshark dump shows that this seems to be the case for iPerf over UDP, too. But also, the protocol seems to be at least a little different to the TCP version.

Simon