lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9525] httpd: add Websocket support

From: Lucas Hartmann
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9525] httpd: add Websocket support
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 09:14:58 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #12, patch #9525 (project lwip):

Should the websocket API not resemble the Raw TCP API? I mean stuff like:

ws_recv(ws_pcb *, ...)
ws_close(...)
ws_sent(...)

And a way to detect closing of a socket, like calling the recv callback with
NULL pbuf.

I used the proposed API some time ago, and if I remember correctly it had a
single, shared, receive callback for all open sockets. Also it gave no
indication that a socket was closed for inactivity or remote request, making
user's cleanup hard.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9525>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/