lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] use-after-free caused by tcp_input_delayed_close

From: Douglas
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] use-after-free caused by tcp_input_delayed_close
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 01:07:02 +1000

Hi,

Might the following guard in lwip_netconn_do_close() protect the
shutdown() call? "if ((msg->conn->pcb.tcp != NULL)"

The close() path appears to use lwip_netconn_do_delconn() which has the
following guard "if (msg->conn->pcb.tcp != NULL)"

It looks like err_tcp() is called when the other end closes the
connection, from tcp_input_delayed_close(), and this function sets
conn->pcb.tcp to NULL, and that NULL should protect later calls to
shutdown() which would return ERR_CONN, and to close().

Would you be able to check this, see if these guards are working when
this can be reproduced? Can you get a better idea of the failure path.

Douglas