lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] pbuf_dechain

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] pbuf_dechain
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:37:34 +0200

Hello Jani,

> I see that nothing ever calls pbuf_dechain after recent changes.

Right.

pbuf_free(head) now decently deals with the situation where the
head of a chain is removed and never used again. This seems to
be the case in all core source code.

> Is it expected to be called by apps in some scenarios?Or by core in
> future?

Hmmm, yes, I can think of an approach where the queueing is expanded
to chaining multiple pbuf chains and where we need dechain() again.

For the moment, I would suggest surrounding the function with
#if 0
#endif

I have done so in CVS current.

Regards, Leon.