lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DHCP question

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DHCP question
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:40:52 +0100

Hello Ed,

When I use DHCP, I figured I just called dhcp_start()
and it would establish the IP/GW/NM values in the netif
structure.

It should. At least for Ethernet interfaces. I have
commenced making it work for non-Ethernet interfaces,
but cannot test this myself.

Anyway I tried that and dhcp_start comes back error free;
however, I never see an IP address assigned to the netif
structure I pass to dhcp_start().

Debug messages are your friend. I am on stand-by to help you
out, as I wrote the dhcp client for lwIP. Feed me with
(debug) info, or sniffed (Ethereal) packets :-)

What is your setup (lwIP release, which DHCP server)?

Anybody have any thoughts?
I'm assuming DHCP in LWIP is working, right?

Yes, it works in our stuff (for some years even).

Regards,

Leon.