lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP Porting issues to 8086

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP Porting issues to 8086
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:31:14 +0100

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 14:55 -0400, Robert Morse wrote:
> Hi,
>       I am in the process of porting the LWIP stack from the CVS Tree,

At the moment I'd recommend using the latest release rather than CVS as
the code in CVS is undergoing a number of reasonably major changes, and
so won't be as stable as the release.

> tcp_receive: queuelen 4 ... 255 (after freeing unacked)

This is where the problem occurs I think - looks like your queuelen is
getting corrupted somehow.  The standard cause of this is more than one
thread operating in the stack at the same time.  lwIP is not thread
safe, and so needs protection in this sense.

Kieran