lwip-users

[lwip-users] BSD API tcp echo server port

From: Andrew Lentvorski
Subject: [lwip-users] BSD API tcp echo server port
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:16:26 -0700

Folks,

I took the "unix" port, copied it to a new "unix_bsd_echoserver" port, stripped out everything except the tcp echo server, changed it to a single thread for the server (although lwip still has at least one other thread for the underlying stack), and converted the API to use the BSD-like API.

Does somebody want to take a look at this? It ought to be somewhat useful to other folks trying to get the hang of the BSD-like API.

It's also quite a bit simpler than the mainline "unix" port.

If someone wants to take a look at this (and hopefully incorporate it into the ports tree), let me know what procedure I should follow.

Thanks,
-a

As a side note: the reason why I changed the server to a single thread is that I am preparing for an environment where I only get two threads. My next step is to look at the underlying code and make sure it is only using one extra thread beyond the main server.