lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Newbie trying to use lwip on Fedora

From: David Vos
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Newbie trying to use lwip on Fedora
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:58:45 -0600

Kieran,

Thanks for the offer, but I was able to download it on a different
network and transfer it.

Thanks,
-David

On 4/16/07, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 10:10 -0600, David Vos wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> It appears that the http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/lwip/
> page only contains the version contrib-0.7.1-20040319.tar.gz  It
> appears that this version is not compatible with lwip-1.2.0.  Due to
> the network I am currently on, cvs access is not currently possible.
> Is there a tarball that contains a lwip-1.2.0 compatible version of
> contrib?

Sadly there is no such thing - the contrib module contains code
contributed by others (hence the name) and getting this maintained when
new releases of lwIP are made hasn't been easy.  In the past this has
meant the whole contrib tarball has just sat at the last release where
everything was last known to be compatible.  In the future I plan to
just archive any ports that aren't being maintained so we can continue
to make contrib module releases in parallel with the lwIP releases.

However, as you just need the unix port bit (which has been kept
reasonably up to date) things are more hopeful.  It should be possible
to persuade CVS to give a copy of that at the time that 1.2.0 was
released (things have moved on since).  If you really can't access CVS
yourself to do this, I might be able to find a few spare minutes and tar
it up for you.

Kieran