lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] sockaddr structure

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] sockaddr structure
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:52:30 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

This time my question deals with the sockaddr structure, more concretely with the sockaddr_in:

struct sockaddr_in { (from sockets.h, where lwip/ip_addr.h is included)
  u8_t sin_len;
  u8_t sin_family;
  u16_t sin_port;
  struct in_addr sin_addr;
  char sin_zero[8];
};

I would like to use this structure with both ipv4 and ipv6,

lwIP's ipv6 is called "very experimental" but I'm not sure it's even advanced enough to be called that.

Usually with IPv6, there should be an entirely separate struct sockaddr_in6 structure. None of that stuff exists. What source files there are don't even particularly attempt to deal with IPv6 at all. I wouldn't try to use IPv6 with lwIP.

Jifl