lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] File transfer using Raw ApI

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] File transfer using Raw ApI
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:42:55 +0000

devesh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I made my simple application (server-client). Now I am able to
> transfer bytes(strings) from one board to another through network.
>
> But, what I want to send a file from one borad(spartan-3)  to another.
> Is file-handling supported by LWIP ? How can I read bytes from the
> file (RAW) and how these can be stored/send in other board?
>
> Would I have to setup tftp?

That's up to you. You could have your own protocol, or use something
different like FTP, or HTTP. But TFTP is probably a good choice for
sending/receiving files.

But file handling itself is not supported by lwIP. You need to look to your
OS for how to read or write files.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine