lwip-users

[lwip-users] Choosing the right lwip API...

From: DownyTif
Subject: [lwip-users] Choosing the right lwip API...
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:45:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I was wondering what API I should use to do what I want to do. By the way,
I'm new to the mail-list/forum and lwip world. I tried to find the
differences between the Raw, sockets or sequential (netconn) APIs, but I
haven't found anything useful.

I started to write a program using the netconn API, mainly because the
example I had was using it (Control Panel Demo application on the Atmel
EVK1100 evaluation board). The communication is between the board and a host
PC using 2 ports (so, 2 sockets). One port is dedicated to bidir
requests/responses communication between the board and the host PC. The
second port is dedicated to "as fast as possible" transfers from the board
to the host PC using big packets (ideally around 32768-byte packets to
minimize hand-shaking). Each port has is own task (using FreeRTOS), but I
could make it with one port only if necessary.

I currently have a problem right now, described in this post:
http://www.nabble.com/netconn_write-throughput-stuck-at-1024-bytes-to21571019.html

So, I was thinking that maybe the sequential API (netconn) was not the way
to go. According to what I have written above, does anybody of you have a
suggestion on the correct API to use? Or at least information that could
help me choose between the three?

Thanks a lot,
Downy