lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.3 UDP - DNS strange behaviour

From: Sergio Sider
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.3 UDP - DNS strange behaviour
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 02:26:26 -0200

Hi Rejean,

Yes, you are right!
I included the additional tmr calls, and dns retry is working.

What I am still wondering is why the UDP packets are not sent (in
about the first second after netif_is_up() says the interface is up).

I added a timed routine to send a small generic UDP packet each
200ms...the first 4 or 5 packets are not sent, and after that, all
packets are sent ok. That´s why the DNS kind of worked even without
the dns_tmr() if I delayed the dns_gethostbyname call.

I could live with that, but I would like to know what I am doing wrong.

Thansk again!!
Sergio.