lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] about PING timeout for first package

From: Alain M.
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] about PING timeout for first package
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:04:42 -0300

That is normal PING behaviour, you may even get it on Linux ocasionaly... (pinging a Win machine :)

The explanation is simple: Before sending the ping to the destination machine, the system has to resolve ARP and this may take some time. Only after that the ping will be sent. So if the network is slow (gprs) or the desination machine is slow (win) i may happen.

Alain

yueyue papa escreveu:
Hi All,
I use lwIP ping implelent. I found a strange thing, the ping always lost for first pacakge. At first, I think it is cause by GPRS network, but now I put the ping in the stable environment, and I still meet the ping lost for first package. Is there anyone suggest about lwIP ping problem ? Lee