lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Setting source port number for UDP send

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Setting source port number for UDP send
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 07:55:32 +0100

Marco Jakobs wrote:
> Good evening, Simon!
>
> Thank you for your hint! I changed it the way David mentioned, using
> another netconn_bind before sending the first block over the connection
> ... and it works. I was a little bit confused about the netconn_bind,
> because i use this after first init of the connection to get a listener
> on this port ... not thinking that using it a *second* time will set the
> source port.

That has nothing to do with calling it a second time: the first time you call
it on the listening netconn, the second time on the connection netconn. It
seems to me like you might be missing some basics on sockets. The netconn API
very closely resembles sockets only implementing them in a less
resource-consuming way. You might want to get a good book on socket
programming. Unfortunately, I can't give you a proposal on one...

Simon
--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02