lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Multicast Example?

From: Jonathan Ross
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Multicast Example?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:48:40 -0500

The packets from my workstation do not have the trailing zeros, if that's what
you mean. And wireshark doesn't say anything about those zeros, it just says
they're there.

What I think I really need is someone telling me I'm doing everything right or
I'm doing something wrong so I know where to focus my efforts at the moment. I
think I see some multicast messages going to my device in wireshark, but I
thought that I would get the message by listening via UDP on the interface for
IP_ADDR_ANY and the port that the multicast packet is being sent to, but my
udp_recv function is never called.

Supposing I did successfully subscribe to a multicast group, where would the
data being multicast be found?

Thanks,
Jonathan