lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Can I add some members to struct pbuf?

From: Noam weissman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Can I add some members to struct pbuf?
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:43:04 +0300

Hi,

You should not add any members to anything inside the LwIP. Treat it as a close black box with interface.

If you need any parameters this should be defined inside your own code. The simplest will be defining your

own structure and when you get a new connection you assigne it to the new PCB.

Example:

    // Allocate memory for the structure that holds the local variables related

    // to the new connection

    ts = (__tcp_term_ts*)mem_malloc(sizeof(__tcp_term_ts));

    // Tell TCP that this is the structure we wish to be passed for our callbacks.

    tcp_arg(pcb, ts);

In the above example  __tcp_term_ts is your own definition. Every call back function gives you a pointer to

This param.

Hope this helped,

Noam.