lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] problem after a packet loss event

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] problem after a packet loss event
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 11:31:30 -0300

Well, John, I wouldn't blame de lwIP stack without having an actual proof.
So far, all packet loss reports have been cause of a bad driver polling
the controller for only the first frame (missing the second one in two
consecutive frames) or a bad main loop polling the driver at a time
longer than the one need to keep the amount of frames being received.
I didn't raise this subject before because Fabrizio's capture shows the
first frame being lost, is it possible that there are other (maybe
broadcast) frames in the wire not being captured/shown by the capture
filter ?
I would check the stats and put some frame received counter in the netif
before blaming the stack, I got myself tired of doing netio transfers in
both directions and never got a frame loss problem. Have you guys
properly validated your port and your driver with known to work apps ?