lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] driver clarifications for ipv6: loopback, multicast

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] driver clarifications for ipv6: loopback, multicast
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 15:13:09 -0600

Just got back and saw this.

you should filter out loopback packets at the driver level. It's not possible to do it at IP / layer-3. It may be possible at layer-2 but I'm not sure it's the best way to do it.

You can enable reception of all multicast packets if you want. Upper layers will filter out packets to groups we are not subscribed to. The hardware filter just offloads the CPU. But it will work either way.

Cheers
Ivan