lwip-users

[lwip-users] Netconn write and non-blocking

From: Jan
Subject: [lwip-users] Netconn write and non-blocking
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 06:43:50 -0700 (MST)

Dear all,

What is the best way to handle the following situation when using netconn in
TCPIP mode and v2.0.0RC1.

If I connect (with netconn_connect() ) to a device that's not available and
netconn is blocking how long do I have to wait?

Because it's unknown to me and it could take very long I decided to use the
"netconn_set_nonblocking(conn, 1)" so I can delete the connection if it
takes to long to connect.

But when the device is available I cannot use the netconn_write() (the
function returns ERR_VAL). In the command it says:

    /* This implies netconn_write() cannot be used for non-blocking send,
since
       it has no way to return the number of bytes written. */

How can I use netconn_write() in a non-blocking situation?