lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] protocol issue

From: Laurent BIERGE
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] protocol issue
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 14:11:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi again,

I've played with LWIP_DEPUG a bit and i'm now able to see what's happening.
Reminder: i try to use a LWIP UDP echo program which is on a remote equipment.
I send UDP datagrams from my computer.
          UDP datagrams don't seem to reach the remote equipment
          Actually i don't have all the rights on my computer.

So what's exactly happening is that when i send a UDP datagrams from my
computer to the equipment, my computer send ARP request which are answered by
LWIP correctly. The ARP cache on my computer is filled well after. It seems
that even after that my computer want's to fill Netbios name service table. So
my computer send UDP datagrams on port 137 and the table is filled well after.
What's strange is that the ARP request and Netbios request are sent 3 times in
a row each time. Besides when i try to send another datagram the computer send
ARP/Netbios request again (even if it's just one second after).

I don't know the ARP/Netbios routine at all. But my guess is that since i don't
have all the rights on the computer, it try to fill his ARP/Netbios table but
with no success. And sometimes it works (bypassing security for an instant) and
the computer send all the datagrams at once.

So i know for sure that it doesn't concern LWIP now, but maybe you have an idea
of what i'm facing ?

Regards,

Laurent

Ps: By the way the "pcb issue" came from the Netbios request. So i was assuming
that it was my datagrams (which are sent on the 6020 port) but it was Netbios
datagrams (on port 137).