lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Building mbedtls using LWIP library

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Building mbedtls using LWIP library
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 20:23:50 +0200

Jan Menzel wrote:
Can you tell me more what improvements you're implementing and how this
will effect the interface to mbedtls?

No improvements really. I have added an indirection layer to the tcp callback API that allows to plug in layers between the application (e.g. HTTP server) and TCP. This is implemented simply by having other 'bio' callbacks for mbedTLS.

The downside of course is that TLS processing time is done in tcpip_thread, so it really depends on your overall application use whether you want to use this layer or sockets. Since mbedTLS allows registering the callbacks per ssl context, it should be possible to use both APIs at the same time.

Simon