lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Potential NULL pointer access in ip4_frag.c

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Potential NULL pointer access in ip4_frag.c
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 21:10:27 +0200

Patrick Klos wrote:
(I think if LWIP_ASSERT was enabled, the code generated by the macro expansion would be enough to stop the warning, at least for 'prev'?)

Exactly. And honestly, I'm not sure if it makes sense to enable "-Wnull-dereference" with asserts disabled. You enable half of the checks and compain about the other half generating more warnings than before. The variable can still not get NULL at runtime or the assertion would have been thrown when enabled (which it doesn't, of course :)

Simon