lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Once UDP fails to receive then resending fails as well

From: digitalwave
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Once UDP fails to receive then resending fails as well
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 09:37:18 -0700 (MST)

Hi Patrick,

1 MCU hooked up with a router as I took over this project but it didn't let
me trace down with Wireshark. I asked him and he replaced it with a switch
(Dell connect 6224). I am not a network guy so I thought he set up and gave
me a right thing.

2. Before this issue happended the assigend IP using DHCP was 192.x.x.x ,and
he changed to 172.x.x.x. I think he also changed sub-net mask for doing
this. I had a problem to obtain IP with the changed network environment, and
I told him and now MCU can receive IP without any issues.

3. There are so many transactions going on between MCU and the server. Most
traffic takes place not very often, but the issue came out form a
transaction that checks the server time every 1~2 seconds depending on how
MCU schedules up. Now it set up every 1 second. I looked at the HP-UNIX and
one fo the parameter deals with TCP idle something set up 7200 seconds, but
MCU transacts every 1 second so it is not the matter of that I believe.

The network guy barely open things up as what he has chnaged, so it is hard
for me to know what has changed and what will be affected due to that.

I thank you to give ideas.

Regards
Jin