lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 2.0.2 + freertos + ARM7

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 2.0.2 + freertos + ARM7
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 12:53:44 +0200

Hello Werner,

the following sentences are NOT meant in a harsh way, but as a good and polite advice to you:

You really need to get educated in threading, locking and interrupt issues when you develop for a multithreaded system. Without understanding these, you will quite surely end up with a system that "usually works" but has occasional hiccups a few times a day.

The question you are asking is out of scope of this mailing list, it is a question about general threading design in an embedded system. Please understand I don't want to help you there, that would consume too much time. It is not a question that can be answered shortly in a few sentences and without understanding your application.

If you use threads, you may want to use netconn or socket API if that's easier for you. You still can use the callback API, but you need to use tcpip_callback() or LOCK_TCPIP_CORE (if you configured lwIP to use core locking) to sync with lwIP thread.

Dirk