lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [LwIP 1.4.1] Ping length of 92 bytes via PPP crashes Lw

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [LwIP 1.4.1] Ping length of 92 bytes via PPP crashes LwIP core/pbuf.c
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 13:56:57 +0200

Hi Simon,

>That suggests the pbuf chain is invalid, i.e. tot_len of the pbuf was more
>than the pbuf chain (via ->next) provided. I assume a pbuf allocation error
>somewhere.
>My suggestion would be to upgrade to 2.0.x and benefit of Sylvain's great work
>on PPP improvements!

Unfortunately that's easier to say than to do. Apart from a fear that 2.0.x
might be slightly bigger and will not fit into my processor, this would mean
weeks of regression testing to be able to release such a change in a major
component. So I guess we need to find what's wrong in 1.4.1 here.

We found that also a ping with l=220 bytes triggers the same issue. Intereting
that a UDP packet with the same length via PPP netif does not cause the issue
(as the header length of UDP is the same).

Marco