lwip-users

[lwip-users] Help needed with getting started with lwip in user and kern

From: dor
Subject: [lwip-users] Help needed with getting started with lwip in user and kernel spaces.
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 05:22:00 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I am entirely new to the lwip world and I some questions:

1. I have encountered a lot of discussions around the contrib echo server in
ports/unix/minimal,
I was able to compile that project but I could not understand how to use it.
After digging in documentation and the code it self, I had yet to understand
which port does it bind to, what are the parameters the program uses and
where does the actual echoing happens?

2. In my project I want to create a TCP connection between a linux kernel
module and user-space app with minimal system dependencies (NOSYS /
bare-metal mode).
My system is Ubuntu 14.04 with 3.8.19 kernel.
Is it even possible with lwip? if so does the kernel space usage require a
kernel thread?

I would really appreciate a complete solution if possible, though any sort
of help is appreciated as well.

Sincerely,
Dor.