lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 1.4.1 stable tcp connection stall

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 1.4.1 stable tcp connection stall
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 17:48:26 +0000

Hi Simon,

I see a zero window persist timer bugfix entry in 1.4.1.

I can ping-pong 2.0.2 and 1.4.1 and make the error come and go. At first on the NIOS II but being slower and harder to debug I just got the PowerPC converted to 2.0.2 and it’s working there too (as expected).  The PowerPC allows me faster debugging and much more horsepower to output debug information.  And I can get the debug output in Telnet.  I can debug some, yes, but I’m no expert on this part of lwIP or TCP.  So I need help in what information is best to gather. I can pause when the sending stops and get to these variables.  Would output from LWIP_DEBUG_ONs (whichever ones are pertinent) show you anything about what’s happening?

Thank you for replying. Your dedication to this product is evident by your interest in knowing what fixed something in an older version. Due to time I may have to push a 2.0.2-based release out.  Do to the seriousness I could see you pushing a DIY code change for users to update 1.4.1 code to reduce the concern of a major update.  It got some nervous here when I said there were probably a hundred changes in 2.x. But I’ve already run a test with 3 devices using 30M packets and I see no differences from 1.4.1. I will run overnight as well.

Bill