lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP_MPU_COMPATIBLE set to 1, but still get memory mana

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP_MPU_COMPATIBLE set to 1, but still get memory management fault in lwip_select.
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 20:40:12 +0200

David Lockyer wrote:
Okay, thank you for the suggestion. Just to be clear are you suggesting modifying lwip_select() to allocate select_cb from a pool & free prior to return?

Via a define, like Joel wrote, yes. This might need a new memp pool though...
We don't have an abstraction for your priviledge raising macro yet, and I'm not sure it's the best solution for everyone using this mode, either.

I will have to investigate the speed impact of this, as I have MEM_LIBC_MALLOC and MAEP_MEM_MALLOC both defined as 1.

Well, you have this pool allocation at some other places already when socket threads communicate with the tcpip thread for asynchronous things.
Having those 2 defines combined with a possibly slow libc malloc() (heap) is probabably not the fastest solution, anyway.

The best thing to get this fixed would be

Simon