lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 send a sporadic RST ACK

From: Axel Lin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 send a sporadic RST ACK
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 11:19:13 +0800

> Joel Cunningham wrote:
>>

>> I've updated the remaining comments to mention the same priority on git
>> master
>>

> Hmm, thinking about this, shouldn't we instead change the killing scheme to
> not kill active connections? It's been like it is for long, but given this
> bug report, I think the way the comment says it would be might be a better
> choice...

I use netconn APIs.
I found it always create tcp pcb with TCP_PRIO_NORMAL.
i.e. the priority is all the same.

So in such case, killing the active connections with the same priority
or not does matter.
In current code, create new connection won't fail because it will
always kill the oldest active connections.
Such behavior seems strange because I would expect new connection to
fail rather than killing existing active connections.