lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP virtual netif

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP virtual netif
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 20:24:41 +0100

First of all, please send requests to the list, not to my private address. There *are* other people who might know an answer *and* questions & answers should go into the list archive to let others find them in the futurs. You already found something by searching. Give something back by making your way to find an answer public, too!

Marcelo Mollo wrote:
I’m using LwIP v2.0.0 (together wih freeRTOS v9.0) in a system with a single ethernet controller (STM32F779NI). The application must work with two different subnetworks (let’s say 192.168.1.0 and 10.0.0.0). The virtual interface belongs to the second subnetwork.

Searching in internet I found these old threads that just talk about what I need:

/1)//[lwip-users] multiple IP addresses on network interface/

//

/2)//[lwip-users] LWIP and second IP feasible?/

As you suggested , I tried with the macros LWIP_ARP_FILTER_NETIF and LWIP_ARP_FILTER_NETIF_FN() but I’m having problems to get it working.

The behavior of the virtual netif is quite irregular (I pinged both IPs continously and after a while, the virtual interface stops sending ping replies).

That's strange. Unless you have done something strange in that hook function, I expect this is just some lwIP porting error. Are you absolutely sure your system runs stable without that virtual netif?

Could you please tell me how the filter must be properly implemented? I used the technique to change the netif returned by LWIP_ARP_FILTER_NETIF_FN() based on the destination IP address.

I did exactly that. However, I haven't been using 2 subnets but just the same subnet.

[..]

I did not find any reference to the multiple addresses per netif implemented in IPv6. Could you please tell me where it is?

struct netif has an array of ip6_addr_t. Not that hard to miss :-)

Simon