lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem running lwip on cortex M7 with D cache enabled

From: Jan Menzel
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem running lwip on cortex M7 with D cache enabled
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 10:54:11 +0100

On 05.12.2017 8:22, Jochen Strohbeck wrote:
> I found an error in the non-cacheable section declaration in the linker
> configuration file. Fixed that.

Did you check the performance for your system? I suppose with buffers in
non-cached memory you do not have any benefits of the d-cache. If you
can't get any of the options I suggested to run, you still might use
dedicated non-cached RX buffers in the driver and copy received data
into cached LWIP memory. This way the processing of all the headers will
still benefit from the d-cache even though you have the extra work of
coping the data.

Jan