lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Transmission stall after ARP broadcast

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Transmission stall after ARP broadcast
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:55:00 +0100

Stephan Hilchenbach wrote:
>>> 1.4.1 is rather old. There have been numerous bugs fixed since then.
> Yes I know. I would prefer to update, but I can't make this decision on my
> own.

Then talk to whoever is in a position to decide. From the pcap, I can't tell
what's wrong.
It does not seem like an lwIP issue, but maybe it is.

If I were you, I'd first check with a newer version of lwIP before digging into
the
hardware drivers. Especially with that processor ;-)

>>> No. In general, lwIP has *nothing* to do with your hardware. The netif
>>> driver is responsible for that.
> I expected this answer, but was not sure about this. It was very curious that
> the port always stops with transmission of an ARP broadcast.
> The device is configured as a switch with 2 ports. One port is connected, the
> other one is not. A task cyclically checks the second port for phy activity.

So is there *any* communication from the device after this? Maybe on the 2nd
port?
I don't know how the software on that processor is adapted to lwIP but strictly
speaking,
this is not a switch but 2 MACs connected via the PRUs. They might have bugs,
too :-)

Have you tried to debug what's going on in the processor after it stops?

Simon