lwip-users

[lwip-users] Trying to work out DHCP issue

From: Chris Seto
Subject: [lwip-users] Trying to work out DHCP issue
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 11:29:10 -0600

I have a custom board with an STM32F4, and a TLK110 running LwIP 2.0.3. The board works great when it gets, an address, and I can freely exchange data with a socket server.

On board bootup, I set the IP to 0 and then use dhcp_start() to start DHCP. When the code sees that the IP is no longer just 0, it tries to connect to the socket server.

Most of the time this works well.

Sometimes, everything will come up, but the board will never get an IP. Last time this happened, it was fixed by reseting the router.

Any ideas as to what may be going on, or has anyone seen a similar issue?