lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] FW: Problem with renewing DHCP after link down/up with

From: simeon.trifonov
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] FW: Problem with renewing DHCP after link down/up with the new LWIP V2.0.2
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 14:01:06 +0300

I replaced the function dhcp_renew() with dhcp_network_changed(). After
power on, the dhcp works fine again (the complete log is attached). The
first strange thing for me is the ARPs that follow. The devices askes who
has IP address 192.168.5.60, but it is his new address... Is that normal?
The other strange thing is that if I disconnect the Ethernet cable and
connect it again (in the same network), all things that follow (after line
12) are not understandable for me. I seems that my device doesn't receive
the frames from the DHCP server. But I have a bad feeling about this. The
Ethernet traffic on my device is tunneled by VARAN interface. I suspect that
after the reconnection, something doesn't work as expected with this
tunneling of the Ethernet frames. However, this is a topic for another
forums. It is surely not a LWIP problem. But I'm really interested how the
ARP that I mentioned above can be explained?!

Simeon