lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Packets stop sending after a while when MEMP_OVERFLOW_C

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Packets stop sending after a while when MEMP_OVERFLOW_CHECK isn't 2
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 20:47:59 +0200

On 25.04.2018 20:41, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
[..]
However, now I've discovered that if I change the *_CHECK define to 0 or 1, then ca. 13000 packets are correctly sent, and after that the only packets sent are frequent (in each second) ARP queries (discovery of gate's MAC), as captured by Wireshark, confirmed by MCU's Ethernet transfer diode.

Why such correlation between a debug option and crash-behavior? What can be wrong?

I'd say you're violating lwIP's concurrency/threading requirements and the slowdown of MEMP_OVERFLOW_CHECK==2 hides this.

See http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_0_x/pitfalls.html
or try the new LWIP_ASSERT_CORE_LOCKED() check macro. Although for that, you need a recent git master version and need to implement the check correctly...

Simon