lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP and ISR

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP and ISR
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 10:12:01 -0300

Well, that is usually a "don't!". However, if you actually do know what
you are doing and properly handle the blocking, I guess you might get
away with that. I personally don't know how, wait for one of the top
guys like Simon.
However, I find it easier to run everything under the same context.
You already handled the toughest part by polling (rx, which likes to be
asynchronous). The rest of the stuff is usually in response to requests
on those rx frames, and if not, you can have a timer/event system/loop
(either polled or event-driven) and no need for lots of interrupts
firing long pieces of code like TCP. My 2 cts.