lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP and System Interrupts

From: Jens Nielsen
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP and System Interrupts
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 16:05:12 +0200

Hi

Yes this sounds like a peculiarity in your system :)  It sounds to me like you should be more concerned about your FreeRTOS setup than lwip, but just to be sure:

lwip offers different methods for thread protection, you can start by reading here: http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_0_x/group__sys__prot.html

And then check your lwipopts.h for your settings and also check the sys_arch.c file which you should get from CubeMX

I'm not using CubeMX but in my code the worst thing lwip can do is taskENTER_CRITICAL(); which disables interrupts but this should only be used for short snippets (unless you've found a bug) and you should have set up your FreeRTOS port and configLIBRARY_MAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY so this doesn't stop your high prio interrupt anyway

Best regards
Jens