lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 2.1 cleanup - remove UNIX test apps

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 2.1 cleanup - remove UNIX test apps
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:03:56 +0200

Hi Sergio,

you "started long ago using 'minimal' for development and teaching" - does that mean you still use it today? Do you want me to keep it?

The TAP (not TUN) interface will remain, since the example_app uses it. Do you need the TUN interface?

If I got you right, lib, simhost, simnode and simrouter can be removed - you do not care about it.

​I have no objections against keeping this stuff, but most of it is not really maintained - I try to keep it compileable, but I don't know whether everything except simhost is actually working. To reduce maintenance and to improve quality (by only shipping tested stuff)​ I'd like to remove everything where noone cares about.

Dirk